As family doctors in Toronto, we see that the referral process is broken and lets our patients down. We made ConsultLoop to improve how patients across Ontario are referred to specialists.
- ConsultLoop is a Toronto-based tech startup founded and run by three family physicians
- Contains the largest directory of specialists of its kind: 2000 specialists listed with wait time information and practice focus across 32 specialties.
- Key features eliminate lost referrals and automate email notification to patients.
- Software platform’s flexibility allows physicians to create referrals in the EMRs or on paper.
- Operational since June 2016
- ConsultLoop clinics are spread from Oakville to Scarborough.
- Over 200 doctors are exchanging referral information on ConsultLoop.
See how it works
(in just 2 mins)
Compare Wait Times
Our growing network of over 2000 specialists makes it easy to compare wait times when a family doctor refers a patient.
We provide information on what specialists focus on so the patient can be referred to the right expert for his or her condition.
Convenience for You
Patients can choose based on location, get secure email updates and reduce the hassle and frustration of lost referrals.
The idea for ConsultLoop originated with a breakdown in our specialist referral process, unfortunately one that occurs too often. One of our patient’s appointments with a specialist had fallen through the cracks, leading to a significant delay in getting the definitive care they needed – causing frustration for the patient and for the healthcare team, and ultimately affecting the quality of care.
Over a meal after clinic, we put our heads together and determined that there must be a better way. As three Toronto-based family doctors, we have the stubborn belief that the healthcare system can and should give more choice, be more transparent and more convenient for patients and providers alike. Several intense brainstorming sessions later, we had an idea that would evolve into ConsultLoop, an innovative software platform that brings transparency to the specialist referral process. Our mission is to empower patients to have a choice in the care they receive and to provide solutions that enable doctors to provide better service, ultimately improving the patient journey in healthcare.